Shipping & Receiving Warehouse Associate
Job ID: 13833423 - General Labor - Posted 7 hours ago
A Tustin, CA-based full scale printing operation, is in immediate need of 1 – 2 Warehouse Workers who have shipping and receiving experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Unload delivery trucks using a forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse equipment.
- Receive material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly
- Receiving and signing for deliveries.
- Ensure piece count matches the packing list and/or bill of lading.
- Report discrepancies and damages to supervisor.
- Prepare a receiving report if none is available
- Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items. Appropriately report/record any discrepancies
- Put materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner
- Attach identifying tag or labels to materials, or mark information on cases, bales, or other containers
- Assemble and fill orders to be shipped to customers
- Prepare shipping documentation as directed by the Customer Service Rep (CSR)
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis and address maintenance issues of tools and machinery
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area
- Identify and count stock materials as listed on the cycle count list
- Identify product by size, type, style, color or product code
- Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/match orders on Warehouse Task Forms
- Basic math, reasoning, and problem-solving skills are required
- Able to understand and execute instructions
- General understanding of the warehouse and footprint
- Operate inventory control equipment, i.e., bar-coding equipment, handheld devices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Forklift certified
- Knowledge of FedEx and UPS shipping and receiving
- Valid State of California driver’s license is required
- Warehouse and distribution experience is a plus
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment
- Position spends 6-8 hours standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.