Healthcare Superintendent / Tenant Improvements (TI)
San Diego, CA
Job ID: 13844187 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 2 weeks ago
One of San Diego's most recognized and stable General Contractors is currently in hyper growth mode and they are in need of an experienced Tenant Improvement (TI) Superintendent who has either Healthcare or Biotech experience. Please take the necessary time to review this job description. If you feel that you possess the necessary skills to satisfy the requirements, then simply apply and you will hear back from one of our team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met. This is a continuous supervision of all work within the project.
- Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to. Identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Managing the project site safety plan which includes creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness.
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc…)
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administering client specific programs, such as Landlord/Site Rules and Regulations, Safety, Site Specific Security, etc.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most recent documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework
- Administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements to ensure that the scope, terms and conditions are consistently and proactively being met
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and Email correspondence
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as the client’s internal IS department, vendors, security, etc.
- Complete project schedules for proposals, review estimates, assist in creating proposals, participate in interviews, etc.
- Engaged in marketing and obtaining projects
- Other duties may be assigned as need to support the goals of the company
Qualifications & Requirements
- MUST have previous experience handling tenant improvement projects in the healthcare or biotech industries.
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar or a Journeyman status in a building trade from an accredited organization (i.e. Carpenter) AND demonstrated experience of progressive responsibility supervising construction
- A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and site work related thereto
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email, scheduling, Microsoft Office and other software used in the construction industry.
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Understands project control and change order management
Critical Thinking Skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Has strong problem-solving skills that involve a bias to work within established systems and the agility to work outside of the system when necessary to get timely results
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve the desired end results
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and relentlessly takes responsibility for solving them
- Is committed to doing quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work
- Works to meet or beat schedules and is driven to bring closure to avoid long punch lists
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Effective participation in a team environment and has the ability to lead effective field teams and to inspire others to their best
- Is aggressive, however, fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors, and co-workers (understands win-win contracting)
- Is an effective communicator, active listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manages them to a successful conclusion
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party and
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices
What our client offers
- A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage (eye exams through medical insurance)
- Life Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Home and Auto Insurance
- Wellness Program