Lake Mary, FL
Job ID: 14640862 - Customer Service - Posted 3 weeks ago
Our client is a leading collections company in the Orlando, FL region (Lake Mary, FL) is in immediate need of a Repossession, Collection Specialist. You will work in conjunction with the business unit engaged in loss mitigation, recovery, and re-marketing. You will be responsible for repossessing specific asset types of collateral, developing processes, and policies as part of a total strategy to engage in successful assignments and cost reduction. You will coordinate and monitor vehicle repossession and transport to auctions, repossession agent recruitment, vehicle valuation, insurance tracking, and title verification.
Work is to be completed on time and accurately by planning, coordinating, and monitoring your daily activities. You should be self-driven but work well with others and able to communicate effectively across the entire company.
You must take accountability for the entire process from receipt of work (RTC/Assignment) to resolution and closure (Transport/Documentation).
Please read through the job descriptions below and if you feel it matches up well with your experience, please do not hesitate to apply with your most up-to-date resume.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proficient in all areas of the automotive repossession process.
- Answering/Directing calls and logging into the department’s phone system and taking messages during business hours. (Repossession Vector)
- Act as in-house subject matter expert for repossession matters including:
- Right to Cure (RTC)
- Strict Compliance
- Notice of Plan (NOP)
- Explanation of Accounting (EOA) – related to sold collateral.
- Impound Paperwork for Release of Collateral
- Abandoned Collateral Repossessions
- Timely Assessment of Collateral seized by law enforcement.
- Review Bankrupt accounts with legal to ensure compliance.
- All other Repossession documentation requirements
- Work to become a subject matter expert on the flow of information and documents within our System of Record (SOR) as it relates to repossessions, liquidations, and redemptions.
- Review accounts and communicate effectively with branches and executive management to make efficient decisions.
- Close Accounts with Repossession Agents (Responsible for full final review – including documentation in the SOR, deficiency balance adjustments, account tags, payment and assessment of all invoices, and filing of any additional records)
- Follow and actively work to improve standard processes and procedures.
- Train others where required and take on special projects as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a major plus!
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 3 + years of repossession experience.
- Must be detail oriented: filing, reviewing paperwork, negotiation skills needed
- Previous repossession experience preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Experience with Recovery Database Network (RDN) software desired.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills working with MS Office.
- Extensive communication and customer service skills both verbal and written required.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to embrace company driven process-improvement methodology (standardize processes, procedures, & quality control measures).
- Hours: M-F 8a-5p
- Must be able to pass credit check and background check