Shipping Receiving Clerk
San Marcos, CA
Job ID: 14691934 - General Labor - Posted 1 week ago
One of the country's leading plastics manufacturers is in need of a Shipping & Receiving Clerk immediately at their San Marcos, CA location for various shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Please review the job description in its entirety and if you feel that you are a match, please click Apply and send over your resume.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Quality Control to ensure incoming finished goods and purchased production parts are qualified before being released for sale or use in manufacturing.
- Fills out production order requests for Work In Process (WIP) parts, resin and purchased production parts. Prepares required paperwork for shipment of finished goods, parts, and related items. Sorts, packs and ships all orders.
- Inputs status of finished goods, purchased production parts, resins, and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) orders in JD Edwards. Receives finish goods using the receiving system, places products in the correct warehouse locations, and replenishes empty forward pick locations.
- Follows all Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) procedures.
- Uses Warehouse Management System (WMS) and JD Edwards to track orders and obtain other pertinent information as needed.
- Creates interplant transfer orders, packing lists and invoices for WIP parts, resin and purchased production parts. Verifies items to be shipped against pick tickets to ensure shipping accuracy.
- Stages and loads trailers and containers. Prepares large truck and international orders to make sure they are palletized and loaded correctly into trailers and containers of specific sizes.
- Picks up and delivers finished goods from and to various locations within the company campus. Delivers MRO orders to different departments.
- Assists Distribution Center Supervisors in maintaining necessary levels of shipping supplies.
- May be required to work overtime when necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year (1) of general warehouse or shipping experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- KSA #1: Demonstrated ability to operate electric pallet jacks, stand up and sit down forklifts as determined by successful completion of in-house training.
- KSA #2: Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior.
- KSA #3: Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to comprehend work instructions.
- KSA #4: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with members across the organization.
- KSA #5: Ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical and statistical calculations and to use a weight counting scale.
- KSA #6: Basic proficiency with computers, sufficient to properly perform all warehouse management functions.
- Ability to walk intermittently throughout the shift to move throughout the work area. Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level work area.
- Ability to bend and crouch to move boxes to and from warehouse shelves, pallets and other storage areas.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes (weighing up to 70 pounds).
- Ability to push and pull with the arms and body to use a hydraulic pallet jack and two-wheeled dolly. Ability to push and pull with the arms upon levers and push with the feet upon foot pedals to operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to climb ladders to gain access to high warehouse shelves.
- Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to perform essential job functions.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to use a writing utensil to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.