San Marcos, CA
Job ID: 14755306 - General Labor - Posted 1 week ago
One of the country's leading plastics manufacturers is in need of Machine Operators immediately at their San Marcos, CA location for various shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Please review the job description in its entirety and if you feel that you are a match, please click Apply and send over your resume.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates assigned machines to meet production schedules. Identifies and makes necessary adjustments to machines to maintain efficiency and quality standards.
- Performs inspections and functional testing to determine the quality of parts or subassemblies. Participates in real time quality analysis toward continuous quality process improvement. Performs and reports root cause failure analysis on product failing functional test.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting for manufacturing machines and processes.
- Coordinates with Maintenance team when problems and/or machine errors occur. Provides detailed communication of problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Performs data collection and data entry. Enters nonconforming parts, scrap, and production data into specified Access and Excel files at the end of each shift. Enters scrap and finished goods production information into JD Edwards throughout assigned shift.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices and maintains a clean and safe work environment. Cleans assigned machines as directed. During cleanup activities, looks for indications of machine problems and notifies appropriate personnel of findings.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Regularly lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.