Senior Engineer IT Support (Level 3)
Job ID: 14895994 - Information Technology - Posted 2 weeks ago
Our client is a leading and established IT Solutions Firm in the Arlington, TX area that is seeking a professional Senior Systems Engineer to join their team. This position will consult, design, and implement IT advanced solutions. This position will also troubleshoot complex problems and mentor junior team members while being on a specific track towards CIO level consultancy. As an IT organization, they work on the latest technology from the top IT solution manufacturers and bring those technologies to solve their clients’ challenges and help them find strategic direction. If you are seeking to advance your career in a big way, then this just might be the opportunity that you've been seeking.
This is truly a unique role for the right person. If you have strong engineering experience and desire to train under the direct mentorship of a CIO and guided interaction with an experienced CEO, this is a great opportunity. Learn more about ROI, risk management, and strategic planning. Stay ahead of the technology curve and keep your skills relevant while sharpening your business acumen.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Management
- System Design
- Working with technology vendors
- Consulting and deployment of server and network solutions.
- Client Strategical Plan Development
- Advanced diagnostic and remediation of server and network solutions.
- Write clear and concise documentation and instructions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Continuous improvement keeping current on new technology, industry trends and threats
Qualifications & Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Server Technologies (Windows Server, Exchange, RDS, SQL, IIS …)
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, O365, AWS, Google, G-Suite …)
- Experience with diagnostic, repair and installation of server and network systems.
- In-depth working knowledge of virtualization including VMWare, Nutanix, SANS and clustering.
- In-depth knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, VLANS, routing, switches, firewalls, DNS, VPN, and VoIP. (Cisco, Fortinet, Sonicwall)
- Working knowledge of security policies and NIST controls.
- Mastery and certified in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Servers, Fortinet, Cisco, VMWare, Nutanix, Windows Server, Storage Networking
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: 5+ Years systems design, administration, installation, and troubleshooting
- Preferred Certifications:
- MCSA Server or MCSE