Accounting/Administrative Assistant (Construction)
Job ID: 15162124 - Accounting/Finance - Posted 1 day ago
Our client is an extremely successful electrical contractor in North County San Diego (Carlsbad, CA). They are in immediate need of a highly motivated Construction Office Administrator to support the construction team in a wide range of office operations such as: managing company workflow communications, providing support to team members by planning, organizing, and managing all office administration operations, as well as assisting with organizing field operations. This individual will prepare, maintain, and report on a variety of records related to assigned activities. This applicant should demonstrate a proactive mindset accompanied by strong business development and client relationship-building skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage/maintain employee on-boarding records (new hire paperwork)
- Manage/maintain employee terminations/records (exit paperwork)
- Manage/maintain Payroll & Certified Payroll/Labor Compliance documentation weekly (LCP Tracker, eMars, DIR)
- Have experience and knowledge of the payroll process, payroll taxes, employee deductions, reimbursements, ADP experience a plus
- Manage/Maintain employee training documents (office, field, state requirements)
- Assist/Prepare Monthly Fringe Benefit Reports
- Document Control
- Maintain Subcontractor Vendor compliance, correspondence, and records including waivers and releases
- Maintain all licenses, insurances, worker's compensation, miscellaneous xbe certifications
- Manage/maintain agency and new client pre-qualifications
- Manage/maintain a company asset inventory
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2-5 years of proven construction office administration experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Dropbox, and Google Drive required.
- Construction accounting software (Foundation) a major plus.
- Knowledge of labor compliance and union fringe benefit reporting a plus
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess high-level attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with being a self-starter; must have the ability to keep yourself busy and work independently.