Senior Hospitality IT Engineer
Job ID: 15322599 - Information Technology - Posted 6 days ago
Our client is a top notch and very well-established IT Solutions / MSP located in the Cranston, RI area and they are seeking to find an Senior Hospitality IT Engineer. This position manages day-to-day project activities, including tracking project milestones and deliverables, managing project scope changes, identifying potential issues and devising contingency and mitigation plans, estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals, managing project budgets, and recommending subsequent budget changes where appropriate. The position also prepares project status reports and corresponding presentations, analyzes results, troubleshoots problem areas, and makes corresponding recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day project activities
- Manages project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Develops, maintains, and manages project plans and associated communications
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential issues, and devises contingency and mitigation. Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and prepares project status reports and corresponding presentations, analyzes their results, troubleshoots problem areas, and makes corresponding recommendations
- Follows up with team members to ensure timely completion of deliverables. (Important) Keeps pace with emerging project management trends and best practices
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- To mentor and train other employees
- * All new hires will spend a minimum of 30 days training as a First Responses Technician (FRT). Our FRT team is our front-line contact for our clients who need support.
Qualification & Requirements
- Ability to travel (50-75%)
- Ability to work flexible days/hours – some on-call duty
- Experience with Hospitality Systems, Including PMS, PMS interfacing, Room Keys, HSIA, digital signage, etc.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale Systems
- Network & Server Experience:
- Experience with the following manufacturers networking equipment, including HP, Cisco, SonicWALL, Ruckus
- Experience with WAN/LAN Network Engineering and Operations
- Configure and install software, servers, routers, and other network devices
- Desired Experience:
- Previous experience Hotel or Resort
- Experience with PCI
- Experience with project and vendor management
- Soft Skills:
- Communication, both written & verbal
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Background in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Science or equivalent experience
- Advanced certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- * This job description is an overview of the responsibilities for this position. However, responsibilities are subject to change.