IT Help Desk Support – Level II
Job ID: 15599399 - Information Technology - Posted 19 hours ago
Our client is a leading IT Solutions Company in the Memphis, TN area and they are in immediate need of a Help Desk Support Level II Technician / SysAdmin. An IT Technician’s role is to ensure system operation and functionality so that end users can accomplish business tasks. You will work together with their established team to apply the right expertise to every request while exceeding customer expectations on delivering a superior service experience. In addition, this position is responsible for any onsite work needed such as dispatched support, installations, and project work. Key proactive tasks and system monitoring are also key responsibilities in which make direct positive impact on our client's customers. They strive to be as proactive as possible to reduce reactive issues, so customers focus on what is important to them and their business.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years as IT Support Specialist or Systems Administrator – direct end-user support is required
- Keen ability to troubleshoot IT issues and dedication follow an issue all the way to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication with team members and customers
- A willingness and commitment to learn new things and grow new skill sets
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Take ownership and be accountable for solving support tickets
- Ability to fulfill night and weekend shifts as part of our on-call rotation
- Ability to work with Level1 on escalated tickets and provide training/feedback for improvement.
- Advanced knowledge and competency of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems and Applications
- Advanced knowledge in managing Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Networks
- Intermediate knowledge managing firewalls, layer 2/3 switches, access points and other networking devices
- Administration and configuration of Microsoft Office 365 email, applications, and Azure AD
- Advanced knowledge of Azure AD, SharePoint, MDM, MFA
- Advanced knowledge or Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience working with computer peripherals, such as printers and scanners
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, and network troubleshooting
- Ability to perform onsite installations of IT equipment.
- Experience with VPN technologies; configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of DHCP and DNS configuration and management
- Advanced trouble shooting skills to identify and solve difficult escalated issues.
- Virtual Environment Management (VMWare, Hyper-V, Hyper-Converged)
Additional Skills Nice to Have
- Previous MSP (Managed Service Provider) experience
- Experience working with PSA and RMM tools, such as ConnectWise, Autotask, Kaseya
- Certifications: A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Microsoft 365
- Continued education: Associate or Bachelor degree in MIS or Computer Science
What the company offers
- Position is Full-Time, salaried and includes these great benefits:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays
- Professional development assistance, training, and certifications