Sr. Project Manager
San Diego, CA
Job ID: 15643232 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 1 day ago
Our San Diego-based commercial construction General Contractor is a leader in TI and design-build and they are in immediate need of a qualified and dedicated Sr. Project Manager (Sr. PM). They focus on projects that are in excess of $1M. Our client is an extremely successful General Contractor with an incredible track record and a solid reputation for providing excellent service in the following areas: Technology, Biotech, Healthcare, Mixed-Use, and Occupied spaces. As the Project Manager or Sr. PM, your mission and responsibility are to strategically plan and review each project daily as well as implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards. Successful candidates must be organized, a self-starter, and a strong communicator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 100% full project responsibility in all areas of construction and construction management.
- Identify, market to, and cultivate new clients and projects.
- Train, mentor and coach subordinates.
- Meet and/or exceed billing goals.
- Perform all project pre-construction activities including project coordination, estimating,
bidding, value engineering and scheduling.
- Perform project scheduling, scheduling updates, schedule management and
- Oversee project quality control and quality assurance that construction meets or exceeds
the plans, specifications, codes, and approved shop drawings.
- Award and issue accurate, complete, cost-effective, and timely subcontracts
- Subcontract administration and control.
- Work with Finance to review and determine payment invoices and insure timely and
- Manage change order estimating, tracking and commitments.
- Manage project documentation, correspondence, paperwork, shop drawings, submittals, etc.
- Lead project communications, meetings and coordinate project close-out.
- Uphold company relationships and image.
- Communicate frequently and openly with the leadership team on project status.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree – project management, construction, business or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of recent commercial tenant improvement project
- Great knowledge and the ability to prepare lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, unit cost and Design Build proposals by deadlines.
- Obsessed with client satisfaction and have experience working with high profile clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors, brokers, landlords and municipal agencies having jurisdiction through all phases of the construction project.
- Proficient in plan reading, scheduling, profit forecasting, analyzing, subcontractor bids, qualifying project scope, budget estimating, and preparing bids.
- Knowledgeable in construction, methods, techniques, print reading, contracting, and construction management.
- Experience in writing detailed scopes of work
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, estimating software
- Demonstrated ability working with the accounting department to produce accurate operations reports
- Excellent people management, communication, and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently, to use time productively, and to work well with customers in a multi-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt to daily activities that can become complex and confusing
- Capable of understanding priorities and managing priorities effectively
- Ability to communicate and interpret instructions in a clear and precise style
- Ability to compose standard letters, with proper format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, using all parts of speech appropriately
- Ability to speak with poise, voice control, and confidence
- Good analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to formulate plans and work independently
- Ability to evaluate the options and make the best choice while listening objectively to others opinions
- Dresses for the situation.