Construction Safety Manager
San Diego, CA
Job ID: 15780914 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 1 month ago
One of San Diego County’s most stable General Contractors is currently in hyper growth mode and they are in need of an experienced Safety Manager to assist contractors in identifying specific hazards on project sites and to develop solutions to eliminate or minimize the exposure to those hazards. As a Construction Safety Manager, you will be responsible to provide support services for construction crews, enabling construction crews to remain focused on completing projects in a safe manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct daily safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance with government regulations, as well as ensuring that Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws are strictly obeyed.
- Inspect active project sites to evaluate ongoing work conditions to guarantee compliance
- Liaise with external parties such as government-employed inspectors to evaluate the process of construction sites
- Work with contractors to identify specific hazards on project sites, such as potential electrocution, toxic substances, heights or threats to human life, and develop strategies to minimize or eliminate the risks or exposure to such hazards.
- Work with project management teams and field workers to implement and device solutions to safety-related issues on project sites
- Review blueprint designs for disposal systems, evacuation plans, lighting, and ventilation to ensure minimum or no danger to the safety or health of the site guests or workers
- Work with senior management to create plans for emergency procedures
- Maintain safety related paperwork, including OSHA 300 logs and safety training certifications, such as OSHA OTI
- Train company employees on safe work practices and emergency procedures
- Discipline subcontractors and employees who fail to comply with minimum safety standards
- Represent construction company in meetings with government bodies and other organizations on issues regarding workplace health and safety
- Interact with licensed bodies for regular updates on legal regulations and program initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum, five years experience in construction, identifying threats and developing appropriate protection measures
- Decent communications skills – the ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Good listening skills – the ability to listen effectively and receive feedback from the employee perspective without passing judgment
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations relating to the specific trade or activity being managed
- Good organizational and record-keeping abilities – the ability to maintain good records of all safety-related activities
- Ability to access heights via ladders or scaffolding as the majority of his/her job would require climbing to access construction above ground level
- Expertise in the specific skilled trade or type of work the company does will assist the construction safety manager in being able to design and implement solutions for the company
- Good team player, Self-confident, motivated, and independent