Printing Press Operator
Job ID: 16027289 - General Labor - Posted 2 weeks ago
Leading Printing Vendor in Irvine, CA is in need of a Large Format Press Operator or Print Production employee. If the job description below matches your experience, click “Apply” and submit your most current resume to be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare machines for printing.
Large Format Digital Press
Install the printing plate with the images to be printed.
Ink the presses and adjust the press to size.
Adjust the flow of ink to the inking rollers accordingly.
Monitor their operation and keep the paper feeders well stocked.
Make adjustments to manage ink distribution, speed, and temperature in the drying chamber.
Oil and clean the presses and make minor repairs.
Perform preventive maintenance
- Transfer files, blend colors, and proof images electronically using digital presses.
- Collaborate with other team members on print projects.
- Follow daily production schedule & adapt to changes when instructed
- Prioritize tasks based on project timelines
- Finish & Package jobs according to job specs
- When time permits, assist the Press Room with finishing needs such as cutting, scoring,
folding, shrink wrapping, drilling, handwork, packaging, and boxing for shipping
- Update inventory of necessary supplies for machine (paper, ink, finishing supplies, etc.)
- Communicate with Management about required maintenance on machines
Equipment being used
- Epson S-Series Eco-Solvent Inkjet Presses – Roll-To-Roll
- Vanguard VK300D UV Press – Rigid Flatbed
- Epson P-Series Proofing Press – Roll-To-Roll
- MCT Versatech 2 Router/Cutter
- Graphtec FC8600 Vinyl Cutter
- Trotec Speedy400 Laser Cutter