Helpdesk Support Level II
Job ID: 16032296 - Information Technology - Posted 3 days ago
Our client is a leading IT Solutions Company in the Nashville area (Brentwood and Franklin, TN) and they are in need of a Help Desk Support Level II+ Technician. An IT Technician’s role is to ensure system operation and functionality so that end users can accomplish business tasks. The objective of the IT Technician will be to respond to support requests in a timely manner, be the initial reference point for all IT support related tickets, and to ensure the satisfaction of the end user, among other technical duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Provisioning and system setup for new hires.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in resolving support requests.
- Perform VPN infrastructure design and administration (PTP, client-based, Encrypted,
- Monitor and manage Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems.
- Monitor and manage Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012; Small Business
Server 2003/2008/2012; Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010.
- Work on WANs, LANs, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, and
- Server administration via Active Directory, File & Print services, DNS, DHCP.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Optimizing and maintaining network software and hardware
- Building and deploying file servers and cloud computing solutions
- Configuring and deploying VOIP solutions
- Manage Microsoft Exchange Server
- Monitors alert systems and take appropriate action as per guidelines.
- Ability to use various messages in an event log to affect repairs.
- Receive escalated service requests requiring an enhanced response.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Having worked in an MSP environment is a PLUS!
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting and repairing networking equipment, Windows servers and workstations, Exchange server and Active Directory
- 2-3 years of experience in a client-facing environment such as sales engineering
- Kaseya RMM and Autotask PSA Experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is comfortable working with clients at a business level to understand their current and historic issues regarding their business and technology
- Possesses strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience writing proposals for and implementation of technical solutions to fulfill business needs
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable, and a team player
- Strong understanding of technology and business productivity systems
- Experience with RMM (remote monitoring and management) tool a plus
- Ability to problem solve at a high level, extraordinary customer service skills, strong multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Sales training experience is a plus
- Having worked in an MSP environment is a major plus.
Ideal Qualifications (not required)
- CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security+
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
- CCNA or CCIE-Cisco certifications a real plus
Our client offers challenging work, career opportunities, a pleasant work environment, and ongoing training.