Commercial Construction Project Engineer
Job ID: 16038806 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 6 days ago
Our client is a North County San Diego-based commercial construction general contractor (GC) that builds differently by blending large company experience with the personal approach of a boutique team. They deliver quality and value anchored to the simple truths that people deserve to be respected for their ideas and contribution to making something world class. They're extremely enthusiastic about who they work with, while having a good time working, and striving to build inspiring spaces.
They are in immediate need of a professional who they can groom into a Project Engineer (PE) over a 12-week training program. They can offer you the opportunity to work in a cohesive team with like-minded professionals on a wide variety of projects over the coming years. They have a history of internal promotions, and they deeply value their loyal Team Members.
Under general direction, the Project Engineer provides assistance and other support for a Project Manager including planning, design, communication, coordination and conflict resolution to ensure that construction project goals are met. This person assists in overall planning and execution of the contracted scope of work including preparation and presentation of cost proposals, preparation of subcontracts, submittal and schedule management, project budget management, and maintenance of job cost reports. The Project Engineer also assists in the review and approval of design and construction drawings, bid documents, pay applications, change orders, etc. This individual must be organized and task oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, adapt readily to changing priorities, energetic and motivated.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings, specifications, proposals and related documents
- Perform quantity take-offs and estimating for self-performed and subcontracted work
- Perform and submit schematic estimating
- Conduct and manage project scheduling
- Gather and analyze quotes from subcontractors and material suppliers
- Manage subcontractors, material suppliers and change orders
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase efficiency
- Prepare and manage Owner and subcontractor billings
- Manage and process submittals and RFI’s
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
Qualifications & Requirements
- Good driving record (as travel may be offered)
- Familiarity with regulatory construction standards
- Must be proficient in math skills, Microsoft Office (excel, word, project, outlook), Sage 100, Procore, Bluebeam, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in facilitating teams and delivering information effectively and resourcefully
- Experience and knowledge of commercial construction estimating, means and methods, project administration, LEED certifications and an understanding of industry practices
- Commitment to work in a collaborative team environment, and ability to work effectively with other team members
- Capable of representing the company publicly in a professional manner
- Excellent time management with the ability to organize, plan and solve problems creatively
- Capable to manage/schedule multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to deal with constantly changing priorities and job requirements
- Exhibit accountability, sincerity and a commitment to work
- Innate desire and internal fortitude to give your time, talents and resources in order to positively impact others and the company
- Preferred work or military experience: 0-3 years of construction-related experience/knowledge
- Previous college coursework, degree-program, or certification in construction-related field
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by management