Job ID: 16095929 - Accounting/Finance - Posted 1 month ago
Our client, one of Seattle's most well-respected commercial construction general contractors, is in need of an Staff Accountant.
This role will work as part of our accounting team ensuring all company obligations to vendors and subcontractors are handled in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform various reconciliations for cash, prepaids and other general ledger accounts.
- Maintain accurate addition/disposal records of capitalized assets/liabilities and related depreciation/amortization, including calculating and posting any gains/losses upon disposal.
- Reconcile, process, and report monthly/quarterly/annual sales and business taxes.
- Compile periodic reports for numerous business units throughout the company.
- Assist Controllers with monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and forecasting.
- Assist with timely compilation of audit related documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Three or more years of Finance/Accounting experience. Construction industry experience is a plus.
- A strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. General knowledge of Power BI.
- An understanding that producing deliverables that are accurate, professional in appearance, and timely is critical for success.
- An ability to work with and solicit cooperation from individuals in a variety of roles.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, which includes handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- A respect for confidential data and an ability to maintain that confidentiality.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Continuous training and education opportunities