Accounts Payable Manager
Job ID: 16095980 - Accounting/Finance - Posted 1 month ago
Our client, one of Seattle's most well-respected commercial construction general contractors, is in need of an Accounts Payable Manager.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager oversees and manages all accounts payable functions and team members. The AP Manager is responsible for the vendor (non-subcontractor) payment process, including maintaining accurate records and implementing effective controls, while coordinating and prioritizing the needs of the AP team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable processes.
- Analyze invoices and expense reports for accuracy, proper recording, and eligibility for payment.
- Administer employee expense reports and check requests.
- Continuous review and analysis of current systems and procedures to ensure best practices.
- Liaise with various departments to address and resolve accounts payable issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the proper administration of intercompany transactions.
- Ensure that recurring entries are processed, adjusted, or terminated at appropriate trigger points.
- Maintain payable deadlines within a busy environment.
- Monitor account reconciliations.
- Process general ledger and job cost entries and adjustments.
- Lead, train and develop the Accounts Payable team to drive productivity, growth and career development.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Prepare a variety of reports to maintain accurate financial records and controls.
- Administer vendor accounts, W-9’s, and 1099 reporting process.
- Assist with monthly business tax reporting and license administration.
- 5 years of related experience in accounting and Accounts Payable procedures.
- At least one year in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills, customer service and results orientation.
- Previous managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and collaborative member of a professional team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Previous exposure to /proficiency in Sage 300 or CMiC preferred.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and professionalism.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Continuous training and education opportunities