Subcontractor Payable Specialist
Job ID: 16096187 - Accounting/Finance - Posted 2 days ago
Our client, one of Seattle's most well-respected commercial construction general contractors, is in need of an Subcontractor Payable Specialist.
The Subcontractor Payable Specialist will be managing daily tasks associated with various projects. Primary responsibilities will be focused on processing Subcontract Payables and ensuring that subcontractor payments are in accordance with all contractual and company requirements. As a part of the Operational Accounting Team, the Subcontractor Payable Specialist will be working in collaboration with Project Accountant and project teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review Subcontractor applications, lien releases and affidavits of suppliers for accuracy and billing requirements.
- Notify Subcontractors of missing or non-compliant billing requirements.
- Follow up and communicate with Project Managers and Subcontractors throughout the entire payment process to completion.
- Process subcontract documents and utilize/maintain electronic filing system
- Verify subcontractor prevailing wage requirement when applicable.
- Verify subcontract agreements, change orders for accuracy, and make updates to the accounting system.
- Process job cost transfers for material, equipment and other related costs
- Compile invoice/documentation for monthly Owner substantiation.
Qualifications & Requirements
- General accounting administrative experience. Construction background preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through completion.
- Attention to detail, strong time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent commitment to customer service.
- GCPay Online billing platform knowledge a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Continuous training and education opportunities