Job ID: 16103117 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 20 hours ago
Our client, one of Washington State's most well-respected commercial construction general contractors, is in need of a Purchasing Manager, who is located in the Preston, WA area.
This individual is responsible for overseeing the procurement of equipment, materials, services, and transportation for our client. They will manage the purchasing processes and ensure that the proper support is there for the customer as well as internal warehouse teams. This role oversees vendor performance, monitors supply costs and implements improvements based on data and collaboration with Warehouse Managers. In addition, this role oversees the annual pricing process ensuring that all purchases have appropriate audit support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and day to day management of Purchasing Team Members across all office locations.
- Foster a team environment within both the Purchasing Team and all other departments.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop purchasing processes that support seamless customer service.
- Oversee contract negotiations with vendors.
- Review, understand and analyze purchasing processes to ensure optimal performance.
- Continuously implement improvements to existing procedures.
- Initiate, document, and communicate purchasing system requirements to IT.
- Perform ROI analysis and recommend purchase of rental equipment based on ROI.
- Monitor customer demand and recommend items for replenishment to avoid supply shortages.
- Set min/max metrics based on historical demand for product inventory.
- Provide turn time analysis to warehouse team with recommendations of items to cycle out.
- Oversee annual pricing review for all in-house sales and rental products, including researching, validating, and setting competitive sales and rental equipment rates for the following calendar year.
- Perform market analysis and provide audit support to demonstrate competitive pricing.
- Provide monthly margin analysis reports to key stakeholders.
- Quote and Procure specialty items based on customer specifications.
- Provide inventory support to warehouse teams.
- Special Programs SME, including but not limited to Sustainability and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Keep abreast of vendor and supplier-related activities in the industry.
- Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the leadership team.
- BA/BS in business, construction management, supply chain management or equivalent degree.
- 5 + years’ experience managing people.
- 3 + years’ demonstrated procurement experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and utilizing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated successful application of managerial and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
Additional Info on Position
- 20-30% Travel
- Medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Continuous training and education opportunities