Job ID: 16103132 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 2 months ago
Our client, one of Washington State's most well-respected commercial construction general contractors, is in need of a Purchasing Associate, who is located in the Preston, WA area.
This individual is responsible for purchasing materials, tools, and equipment to assist in the successful execution of projects. Process purchasing requests, track orders from request to delivery, work with end-users to ensure order accuracy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive verbal and written requisitions for tools and equipment from our client's operations team.
- Review and source materials and equipment in accordance with established company practices and procedures.
- Solicit quotations for materials and equipment from vendors.
- Review, analyze, and present findings to management with emphasis on best economic value and defined company procurement objectives.
- Communicate with estimators and Project Managers.
- Interview vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price and availability.
- Maintain procurement analytics and records, such as items purchased, cost and product quality
- Ensure all purchased product meets specifications and adds value to the customer.
- Clearly communicate with and support the operations team.
- Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the leadership team.
- AA in business, construction management, supply chain management or equivalent degree
- 2 + years’ experience in construction or manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- 2 + years demonstrated procurement experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Thorough knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures and policies.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients and others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
Additional Info on Position
- 20% Travel
- Medical, dental, and life insurance for employee
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Continuous training and education opportunities