Project Executive (Commercial Construction)
San Mateo, CA
Job ID: 16250354 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 2 weeks ago
Our client, one of our nation's most well-respected commercial construction general contractors, is in need of an experienced Project Executive to expand their operation in the San Francisco Bay, CA area (San Mateo, CA).
This individual will provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations for construction, project management, and project administration activities. This position assists in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support the corporate mission statement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enhance client relationships through award winning service, follow-up, and successful project completion.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors, and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team.
- Collaborate with Estimating and Purchasing in the up-front set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subs for the job.
- Mentor and coach project team to ensure their skills and capabilities are being developed by establishing annual performance goals for each direct report and ensure that goals are established.
- Identify and execute on new business development opportunities within the industry as well as with other service groups.
- Formulate and develop contract terms with clients and communicate to project team.
- Ensure that the project strategy is clearly defined and communicated.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance of policies and procedures on projects.
- Guide multiple jobs and multiple job teams operationally in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services.
- Identify potential risks to the clients on-going operations planned project. Develop plans and measures to minimize and mitigate the potential risks.
- Review and approve monthly project status reports prepared by the architect and contractor.
- Review and approve all estimates and schedules prepared for assigned negotiated projects and hard bid jobs.
- Supervise subcontract bidding and negotiations complying with protocols and defined subcontracting plan; approve all subcontracts and major material purchase orders.
- Ensure that scheduling procedures are being followed.
- Ensure that cost control is set up and maintained in accordance with company protocols.
- Lead and supervise project mobilization and job setup; ensure that project is properly staffed and that they have the tools and resources needed.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and oversee supervision of personnel.
- Review assigned project BFRs.
- Maintain a positive cash flow and ensure timely progress payments.
- Ensure timely and accurate management reports, including BFRs, fee goal updates, etc.
- Assist clients to negotiate and draft contracts for review by clients legal counsels, and approval by the client.
- Attend and participate in meetings with the client, architect, and constructors.
- Higher education, civic, and/or design build project management experience.
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or construction science.
- 10+ years of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
Benefits and Perks
- A 401(k) savings plan under which our client matches the first three percent of your deferral with a 100% match and the next two percent with a 50% match for a total matching contribution of 4% of your pay. You are immediately 100% vested in all contributions. We provide both traditional (Pre-Tax) and Roth (post –tax) contribution options in our 401(k) plan.
- Our client an employee-owned company. This means you get an ownership stake through a benefit called an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). It’s 100% company funded and is invested. You can participate in this long-term plan after you complete 1 year of service (with at least 1,000 hours).
- Company Vehicle or vehicle allowance, toll pass and fuel card
- Group medical, vision and dental insurance including choice of two benefit plans – a PPO plan and a high deductible / Health Saving Account Plan with company contribution to HSA.
- Company-paid Short- & Long-Term Disability plans, group Life Insurance, and AD&D plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans (for health care and dependent care)
- Untracked / Unmeasured vacation.
- Sick Leave accrued at 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked with a carryover of 80 hours
- 9 paid Holidays each year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Discretionary Bonus based on company profitability and your manager’s assessment of your performance.