Sr. Estimator (Commercial Construction)
San Mateo, CA
Job ID: 16250364 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 3 weeks ago
Our client is a leading commercial GC in California and Washington and they are seeking an Commercial Construction Estimator. An Estimator by trade prepares/coordinates preparation of full estimates on conceptual or large work. This individual will provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on CM or complete total bid price for GC work. They will deal with owners, A/E's and contractors to resolve technical and/or value engineering matters during negotiation and contract execution. Additionally, they will perform all functions and responsibilities in consonance with company's values and beliefs and in alignment with the company's mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand
- Select metrics to produce valid estimates
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues to gather essential information
- Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data
- Analyze data and produce forecasts
- Perform risk analysis
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
- Select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes
- Foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects etc.)
Qualifications & Requirements
- Educational and experience requirements include 4 year construction/engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical/training related experience.
- 6-8 years of estimating, cost control, and/or engineering (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
- Ability to coordinate and steer group efforts essential.
- Computer literate and able to quickly master and apply department's computer systems and software.
- Technical knowledge of various mechanical and electrical systems as well as experience in all structural/architectural disciplines and code and regulatory issues, desired.