Superintendent (Custom Home Builder)
Job ID: 16268612 - Construction/Facilities - Posted 1 day ago
Are you searching for a ticket to move to better weather with a once in a lifetime opportunity? Well, this just may be your chance. San Diego residential and commercial construction is still booming, so if things are slow in your area, keep reading and find out if this is the right role for you.
Our client is a leading custom home builder in San Diego Coastal Communities and they are seeking an experienced Lead Superintendent. This individual will be the on-site face of our client for the homeowner and trade contractors. You will be interpreting plans and specifications, creating schedules, and executing the delivery of the home. You must be able to effectively manage subcontractors and trade partners, always keeping an organized and immaculately clean job site. The responsibilities also include daily project operations such as keeping costs within budget, assisting with bid packages, estimating, and foreseeing long-lead items due to the intricate nature of our client's custom homes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for several simultaneous custom home construction projects.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for the custom home client.
- Act as the face of the company.
- Manage the client’s concerns and needs.
- Maintain the project budget and timeline.
- Coordinate and manage subcontractors.
- Solicit bids and award subcontracts.
- Manage subcontractors working side-by-side with our client's in-house field construction staff.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Significant experience in residential construction, preferably in custom homes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service focus.
- Must be highly organized, responsible and conscientious.
- Ability to multitask, handle complexity, and thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, etc).
- A competitive base salary plus bonus
- A robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and matching 401k
- Relocation expense package