Director of Development (non-profit)
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 16273872 - Marketing/Public Relations - Posted 18 hours ago
Our client is a non-profit assisting the youth of today with mental health. They are in need of a Development Director, who will lead the development function for their organization. This individual will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for achieving the plan to grow its donor pipeline and diversify it across individual giving, corporate partnerships, fundraising events, cause marketing, foundation giving, and gifts in kind. The Development Director defines a budget as part of the annual plan that sets revenue targets for our client's yearly fundraising programs.
The Development Director develops and implements plans to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of
fundraising. The plans are expected to describe how the organization effectively attracts new donors and
requests donations. The Development Director will report regularly on the development plan and progress to
the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
The Development Director position provides an opportunity for an individual who wants to be part of an
organization that is devoted to promoting healthy young adults.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development activities to meet or exceed annual and long-range revenue goals and priorities
- Create and implement a development plan that details our client's revenue sources
- Define strategies for attracting revenue. Implement, and evaluate the strategies
- Prospect and generate strategic partners, sponsors, and donors
- Foster reciprocal relationships with businesses and steward corporate contacts for donations and partnerships
- Create reports to analyze and measure progress toward revenue goals and campaign effectiveness
- Implement strategies to form strong relationships with donors and keep them informed on how their financial contribution is being used
- Create, implement, and manage donor programs (monthly gifts, memorial, in honor of etc.)
- Use Salesforce to track partnership and donation opportunities and development contacts
- Oversee the creation of support materials, including thank you letters and appeals
- Work with the Marketing Director to define and implement marketing opportunities
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a Development Director
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Committed to our client's mission and to quality work
- Proven relationship cultivation and fundraising experience
- Experience in sales or business development
- Ability to build and leverage relationships and ability to engage a wide range of people
- Strong communication skills, including written, interpersonal, and verbal skills; must be able to articulate our client's mission to a wide audience
- Experience in measuring campaigns and event success to determine effectiveness
- Experience in managing and tracking funds received
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, thrive under pressure, and perform multiple tasks
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint proficiency), G-Suite, Salesforce, and OneCause
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, sit, and use a telephone.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a state issued Non-commercial Class driver’s license.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.