Electrical Contractor Estimator
Job ID: 16276129 - none - Posted 1 month ago
One of San Diego County's top electrical contractors has a need for an Electrical Estimator. With a large craft skilled workforce and unparalleled project execution supported by a best-in-class safety program, they can address the needs of any project, any size, anywhere.
The Electrical Estimator participates in all aspects of the bid/estimating process from review of plans and specs to soliciting and negotiating prices from contractors/suppliers through completion of bid/estimating effort including closeout. Performs quantity take-off, pricing, scoping and bidding of construction projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and document logical assumptions during conceptual estimating activities and applies these assumptions to take-off tasks.
- Perform quantity take-off and pricing of electrical estimates.
- Communicate with architects and consultants to clarify and document discussions regarding intent and scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements.
- Conducts reviews of milestone documents in order to identify changes in work scope and develop pricing of value alternative opportunities and recommendations.
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review process.
- Assists with final assembly of estimate, consistent with the highest standards, for presentation to Owner.
- Solicits trade partners during the bidding process.
- Analyzes and scopes trade partner electrical proposals.
- After the bid, collects and organizes all bid information for input into historical cost database platform.
- Assist field operations with change order pricing.
- Maintain working knowledge of MEP codes and changes to codes.
- Prepare scopes of work, for subcontracts.
- Coordinate electrical scope of work with architectural, structural and mechanical estimators.
- Prepare budget comparisons between current and previous estimates.
- Utilizes current technology to enhance provided services on both hard bid and negotiated projects.
- Actively schedules and meets with trade partners during the face to face scope meeting process.
- Participates in schedule preparation/evaluation process with trade partner employees
Trade partner Analysis for Proposals
- Directs, coordinates and provides information and documents to trade partners.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts.
- Participates in hard bid/estimating and GMP budgeting activities by soliciting trade partner support and evaluating proposals.
Industry Knowledge / Relationships
- Builds relationships with trade partners to obtain a competitive advantage.
- Attends industry events and represents to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Builds and maintains relationships with external clients.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- 3+ years of electrical estimating experience and/or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
- General knowledge of construction principles/processes
- General knowledge of different contractual deliver methods i.e. negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and others.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with core values.
- Maintains a “value added” approach to preconstruction.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and core values.