Grant Manager (non-profit)
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 16300583 - Marketing/Public Relations - Posted 2 weeks ago
Our client is a non-profit assisting the youth of today with mental health. They are in need of a Grant Manager, who will lead the grant management function for our client. This individual will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for significantly growing the grant revenue beyond the level achieved in 2023. The Grant Manager will work with the Executive Director to define an annual grant revenue plan as part of the financial plan.
The Grant Manager will be responsible for researching funding opportunities, preparing grant applications, and tracking results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine funding needs
- Identify funding sources to support existing and planned program activities
- Research, write, and submit grant proposals to federal, state, county, and private foundations
- Oversee our client's grant requirements and application process
- Optimize the grant administration procedure
- Investigate inefficient funding sources
- Collaborate with Program Directors on grant applications
- Manage timelines and deliverables
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Track grant applications
- Report regularly on the status of grants to the Executive Director
- Collaborate with key stakeholders
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents and updates
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years of grant writing experience
- Proficient with measuring and reaching revenue goals
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Strong communication skills, including written, interpersonal, and verbal skills; must be able to articulate our client's mission
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Committed to our client's mission and to quality work
- Experience in managing and tracking funds received
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, thrive under pressure, and perform multiple tasks
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, sit, and use a telephone.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a state issued Non-commercial Class driver’s license.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.