San Diego, CA
Job ID: 16316982 - none - Posted 3 weeks ago
Our client is consistently recognized as a best workplace, and for their commitment to safety, sustainability, and community partnerships, they hire the very best in the construction industry and strive to create an environment that encourages innovation, responsibility, and client satisfaction. If you are looking to be a part of an open, supportive team and receive exciting challenges that promote personal and professional growth, look no further!
The Safety Engineer is responsible for managing, maintaining, and implementing a company-wide health and safety program. This position requires frequent interaction with all staff to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Perform weekly safety audits to identify hazards and program deficiencies and assist with correction for each active project.
- Assist the project team with initial safety start-up, including review and input to project specific safety issues, i.e. hazardous materials, signage, safety supplies, etc.
- Participate in the planning and execution of daily jobsite inspection programs as needed.
- Participate in the planning and execution of weekly All-hands safety meetings, as needed.
- Participate in the planning and execution of pre-task planning meetings, as needed.
- Periodically attend project weekly staff and subcontractor Foreman meetings.
- Conduct safety-related training and orientations to BNBuilders field personnel, as prescribed.
- Assist the Safety Director with development and implementation of new or revised safety related standards and policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory standards as they apply to worker health and safety in the construction industry.
- Maintain computer skills consistent with the functions of the position.
- Respond to and investigate jobsite accidents and injuries. Assists project teams with documentation and follow-up reporting.
- Respond to regulatory site visits.
- Must have a degree in Safety Management, Engineering or Construction Management, Industrial Hygiene and/or a minimum of 2 years of progressive construction safety experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving and teamwork skills.
- Have ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrate a knowledge base of OSHA, DOSH and NFPA standards.
- Show a proven track record of maintaining a comprehensive construction safety and health program with a proactive approach to safety management and accident prevention/reduction.
- Documented experience in conducting accident investigations/reporting and resolution coordination, performing job hazard and safety analysis, hazard communications and ensuring appropriate selection of abatement control measures.
- Knowledgeable of fall protection, hazardous energy controls, electrical safety, permit-required confined spaces, trenching, cranes and rigging, scaffolding, demolition safety processes.
- Ability to work different shifts in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must have good organizational, leadership and communication skills, be self-motivated and committed to the importance of a safety program.
- Must have the computer skills needed to maintain OSHA 300 logs, graph incident rates, and prepare PowerPoint training and safety meetings.
- Competent person training in the Focus Four, OSHA 500, Rigging, CHST Certification is a plus.
Achieve and maintain the following certifications:
- EPA Asbestos Inspector/ Contractor Supervisor.
- Competent Person Training Trench/Excavation, Fall Protection, Scaffolds.
- HAZWOPER 29 CFR 1910.120 with annual refresher.
- 40-hour Industrial Hygiene Fundamentals course every five years.
- Fed-OSHA 30-hour Construction Outreach or OSHA 500 training every four years.
- CPR/First Aid training as prescribed.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are the driving forces in which our culture is built. We recognize that our unique and vast differences bring a richness to our lives and work environment. This fosters stronger and more meaningful relationships within our company and the communities in which we serve. Our mission is to strive to provide an environment that is respectful, safe, fair, and inclusive, so that we can be stronger, wiser, and better together.